Apply for a new use for your pesticide product

You must support a new use or claim on the label with reasoned cases, data, or extrapolation from data supporting other products’ authorisations.

To apply for a new use for your pesticide product:

  • Fully explain your request in the covering letter
  • Complete application form CRD1
  • Submit any letters of access to third party data that are required
  • Submit any previous relevant correspondence which must be, at a minimum, a reference to the current authorisation, including:
    • COP number
    • date of issue
    • notice of authorisation number
  • Submit 1 copy of the proposed product label (this may be included in the dossier structure) and, if necessary, a compatibility assurance statement (read The Labelling Handbook and the guidance document on tank-mixes for further information)
  • Provide a reasoned case or data to support the new use or claim (consider whether this is a major change), addressing all areas of the risk assessment. If you are claiming comparability to an existing product(s), you must clearly explain how the label claims and recommendations for your product are supported by the different product(s). This information should be provided in the format of an application overview
  • All applications (new product, amendment and renewal) for plant protection products (PPPs) should be made in the form of a draft registration report (dRR). Use the dRR templates to create your dRR
  • Explain why data that are not in line with good laboratory practice or official recognition can still be used to support your application
  • Consider whether there are any maximum residue level (MRL) implications from the request for authorisation of the new use, for example has the active substance/crop combination had an EC MRL set at the limit of determination (read the guidance on MRLs). If so, a full set of residue trials data will be required to allow an increase in the MRL or to show that the MRL will not be exceeded
  • Submit information to support the process of comparative assessment

Is this page useful?

Updated 2024-04-26