Annual charge on pesticide product sales

In addition to individual application fees, costs for work involved in administering the legislation and monitoring plant protection products are met via an 'annual charge'.

This is based on UK sales turnover for all commercially authorised products.

Each year, in the autumn, we write to authorisation holders and ask them to provide details of their sales figureps (for authorised products) in a turnover declaration form.

The annual charge is expressed as a percentage of the declared sales turnover, and authorisation holders are invoiced for the appropriate amount based on company accounts for the previous financial year.

The authorisation holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant sales of authorised agricultural pesticide products are included in the annual turnover declaration requested by HSE.

For any information regarding the annual charge, including how it is calculated and how it should be paid, please email: [email protected].

Is this page useful?

Updated 2024-02-12-->-->