Beta This is a new way of showing guidance - your feedback will help us improve it.
Improve - good practice tips
Signs of success
- You will be doing well if you can show:
- employees are aware of their health and safety representative and they communicate with each other;
- co-operation between managers and employees so that there are the resources to release people for meetings and training;
- a health and safety committee that deals with strategic matters balanced with everyday problems that are resolved as they happen;
- good communication with and through the workforce so that messages are delivered clearly and decisions are explained;
- competence is built through training and information sharing so new skills can be learned as there are changes;
- joint problem solving, where employees participate as equals to resolve issues;
- joint inspections and monitoring of health and safety performance, risk control systems, and progress with plans.