How the committee will make decisions and deal with disagreements
The committee can be powerful in making improvements in the workplace. When considering issues, the committee should:
- discuss if action is needed;
- recommend agreed actions;
- record the discussion and actions in the minutes of the meeting which should be accessible to the whole workforce;
- follow up the actions; then
- review them at a later date.
A safety committee requires good communication between you and the committee members, and between the committee members and employees.
- Agreements - to help reach agreements on recommendations...
- Disagreements - if committee members cannot agree on solutions...
- Resolve disagreements - if there are disagreements that cannot be resolved, consider following the procedures for employment relations disputes or contact Acas for advice.