When is a construction project 'notifiable'?
A construction project is notifiable if the construction work is expected to:
- last longer than 30 working days and have more than 20 workers working at the same time at any point on the project or
- exceed 500 person days
Find out how to notify projects, and complete the F10 notification form.
Does the 30 working days/500 person days on site include weekends, bank holidays etc?
Every day on which construction work is likely to be carried out should be counted, even if the work on that day is of a short duration. This includes holidays and weekends.
Who should notify a project?
The client has the duty to notify a construction project. In practice however, the client may ask someone else to notify on their behalf.
- Managing health and safety in construction - L153
- A quick guide for clients on CDM 2015 - INDG411
- Construction Phase Plan (CDM 2015) - CIS80
- Notification of construction project (F10)