New to health and safety?
HSE wants everyone at work to be healthy and safe – bringing money and other benefits to your business.
Health and safety is relevant to all businesses. So, if you are an employer – or are self employed – you are responsible for the health, safety and welfare of employees and any others who may be affected by what you do. This includes employees, casual or part time workers, trainees, customers, neighbours, sales people and members of the public.
What to do first
HSE aims to make it as easy as we can for you to make your construction site safe, healthy and legal.
Health and safety made simple shows what you need to do, step-by-step
Are you a…? shows people with different roles in the construction industry what their legal responsibilities are, and offers tailored guidance for:
- Smaller builder
- Commercial client
- Domestic client
- Principal contractor
- Principal designer
What to do next
Download and read our leaflets
- The Absolutely Essential Health and Safety Toolkit INDG 344
- Health and safety in construction HSG 150
- Managing health and safety in construction - L153
- A quick guide for clients on CDM 2015 - INDG411
- Construction Phase Plan (CDM 2015) - CIS80
- Notification of construction project (F10)