The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
Future building safety regulations
The government has asked HSE to establish a new building safety regulator in the wake of the Grenfell Tower disaster.
Whatever your role in construction, CDM aims to improve health and safety in the industry by helping you to:
- sensibly plan the work so the risks involved are managed from start to finish
- have the right people for the right job at the right time
- cooperate and coordinate your work with others
- have the right information about the risks and how they are being managed
- communicate this information effectively to those who need to know
- consult and engage with workers about the risks and how they are being managed
HSE has published Legal Series guidance that supports CDM 2015 and explains it in more detail.
- Managing health and safety in construction - L153
- A quick guide for clients on CDM 2015 - INDG411
- Construction Phase Plan (CDM 2015) - CIS80
- Notification of construction project (F10)