Legal requirements: A summary
Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015)
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 came into force in Great Britain on 6 April 2015.
CDM 2015 is divided into five parts:
- Part 1 deals with the application of CDM 2015 and definitions
- Part 2 covers the duties of clients for all construction projects. These duties apply in full for commercial clients. However, the duties for domestic clients normally pass to other dutyholders
- Part 3 covers the health and safety duties and roles of other dutyholders, including:
- Part 4 contains general requirements for all construction sites
- Part 5 contains transitional arrangements and revocations
HSE has published Legal Series guidance that supports CDM 2015 and explains it in more detail.
- Managing health and safety in construction - L153
- A quick guide for clients on CDM 2015 - INDG411
- Construction Phase Plan (CDM 2015) - CIS80
- Notification of construction project (F10)