Managing health risks is no different to managing safety risks. This page outlines the essential principles that you need to know.
- FAQs – discover answers to Frequently Asked Questions on construction health risks.
- Key points – understand the basic principles for managing health like safety.
- Who does what? – the law places duties on all those involved in construction work. Find out what you have to do.
- Assess – you cannot properly control construction health risks without first having clear plans. Discover more about what this involves.
- Control – clear plans are no good if you do not act on them. Learn more about the controls available.
- Review – you may already have controls in place but are they all working? Find out more about the key checks needed.
- Welfare – workers have a right to decent welfare. This can also be an important control for some health risks. Understand what the law requires.
- Involving workers – workers can play a key part in identifying solutions and developing a positive culture where health risks are managed effectively. Learn more about this.
- Essentials of Managing Construction Health Risks
- Health and safety in construction
- CDM Regulations 2015 – Legal Series Guidance (L153)