Action for biocidal product manufacturers
If you manufacture biocidal products that are placed on the GB market you must keep documentation relating to their quality and safety. The documentation may be held as paper or electronically and must include the following as a minimum:
- safety data sheets and specifications of active substances and other ingredients used for manufacturing the biocidal product
- records of the various manufacturing operations performed
- results of internal quality controls
- identification of production batches
In addition to the documentation, you must also store production batch samples. All documentation and samples must be made available to the enforcing authorities on request.
Action for authorisation holders
If you are an authorisation holder under the GB Biocidal Products Regulation (GB BPR) you must keep records of the biocidal products you place on the GB market.
Records must be:
- kept for at least 10 years from the date the biocidal product was placed on the market (or 10 years from the date the authorisation was cancelled or expired, whichever is the earlier)
- made available to HSE on request