COPR approved biocidal products
The database of COPR approved biocidal products provides details of products that have been approved under the Control of Pesticides Regulations (COPR) since May 2004 and can be supplied and / or used in Great Britain (GB) and / or Northern Ireland (NI). The database provides details such as:
- HSE number
- product name
- whether the approval was granted for GB, NI or both
- marketing company
- formulation type
- active substance name
- active substance concentration in % w/w
- user category:
- amateur – member of the general public who is using biocides in their own home/personal use
- professional – a person who is using biocides as part of their job/in their business and has received appropriate information, instruction and training in their use
- industrial – a person who is using biocides in an industrial/manufacturing setting and has received appropriate information, instruction and training in their use
- restriction of use phrase, eg 'For use only as an insecticide'
- application method
- application rate
- packaging details
- user category risk mitigation measures
- current – the product has a current approval under COPR
- withdrawn – the product approval has been withdrawn by the approval holder and the product cannot be made available on the market or used beyond the given expiry dates
- revoked – the product approval has been revoked and the product cannot be made available on the market or used beyond the given expiry dates
- advertisement, sale, supply, storage and use expiry dates
The database is searchable by HSE number, product name, marketing company, active substance name, user, restriction of use phrase, status, sale date and disposal date or a combination of these.
All positive search results will display in a new page in numerical/alphabetical order and the number of results will be clearly displayed.
Database of COPR approved biocidal products.
You can also find details of products that have been approved or amended under COPR between May 2004 and November 2015 in pdf format on The National Archives website.
Approvals pre-May 2004
For details of products approved before May 2004, please contact us.