Contact us

Before contacting us, please take the time to check our website to see if there is already an answer to your question in the information provided. If you wish to keep up-to-date with the latest biocides news and information from HSE you can sign up to our e-Bulletin.

HSE can advise:

  • companies who have responsibilities under the Control of Pesticides Regulations (COPR) in Great Britain (GB) and Northern Ireland (NI)
  • companies who have responsibilities under the GB Biocidal Products Regulation (GB BPR) in GB
  • companies who have responsibilities under the EU Biocidal Products Regulation (EU BPR) in NI
  • companies who want to support a biocidal active substance in GB
  • companies who want to supply biocidal products in GB and / or Northern Ireland
  • members of the public who have questions about biocides

If you need other advice about EU BPR (ie not in relation to Northern Ireland) please contact ECHA or the relevant competent authority in the EU-27.

If you think your product might be exempt from GB BPR eg it may be a medicine, veterinary medicine, food-processing aid or a cosmetic, you should contact the appropriate authority responsible for that type of product. Remember, if they tell you it is not a product they are responsible for (ie it is not a medicine etc) then it may still be a biocide and you may still have responsibilities under GB BPR.

Find out more about what is and isn't a biocidal product.

If you can't find the answer to your question about biocides on this site, then please contact us via one of the contact points below. In most cases you should receive a response within 10 working days. Find out more about our service standards.

UK Chemicals Helpline

A new Chemicals Helpline has been set up for UK businesses and stakeholders. The helpline will provide support with general enquiries relating to the end of the Transition Period and basic enquiries relating to the GB Biocidal Products Regulation (GB BPR).

If you are already familiar with BPR processes due to previously having had responsibilities under EU BPR, or if your query is specialised or technical in nature, please contact our existing email helpdesks in the first instance.

You can contact the UK Chemicals Helpline by:

Telephone: 0330 159 1985
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday

COPR applications

For enquiries relating to applications under COPR, please email [email protected].

GB BPR applications

For enquiries relating to applications for active substances and biocidal products under GB BPR, please email [email protected].

EU BPR applications in Northern Ireland

For enquiries relating to applications for biocidal products under EU BPR in Northern Ireland, please email [email protected].

Other biocides enquiries

For any other enquiry about biocides, please email [email protected].

Application forms

Please submit all application forms by email to [email protected].

Media enquiries

For all media enquiries, please contact HSE's Press Office.

COPR Annual Charge enquiries

For enquiries relating to the Annual Charge, please email [email protected]

Postal address for COPR annual charge declarations

Please e-mail annual charge declarations to [email protected]

Or by post to (please be aware we are still currently working from home due to COVID-19):

Divisional Support Team
Chemicals Regulation Division
Health and Safety Executive
Mallard House
Kings Pool
3 Peasholme Green

Requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI)

Find out about your right to request information held by HSE under the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act, Environmental Information Regulations (EIRs) and Data Protection Act (DPA) and how to make an information requests on HSE's FOI webpage.

Is this page useful?

Updated 2023-07-12