Useful external websites
This page provides links to web sites relating to health and safety in MVR and associated industries.
HSE is not responsible for and cannot guarantee accuracy of information on sites that it does not manage: inclusion on this page does not mean that HSE endorses the linked site.
- The Automotive Distribution Association
(also known as the Independent Automotive Aftermarket Federation) The Automotive Distribution Federation represents manufacturers, importers and independent distributors of automotive parts.
- Association of Vehicle Recovery Operators
Association of Vehicle Recovery Operators representing the interests of vehicle recovery operators and is involved in setting industry standards for its members.
- British Coatings Federation
The British Coatings Federation represents manufacturers of paints and other coatings supplied to MVR.
- The Confederation of Passenger Transport
The Confederation of Passenger Transport is the trade association representing the bus, coach and light rail industries,
- The Communications Workers Union
CWU represents the interests of employees in the MVR industry.
- The Vehicle and Operator Services Agency
VOSA provides a range of licensing, testing and enforcement services with the aim of improving the roadworthiness standards of vehicles (including MOT testing operations and driver training)
- European Agency for Safety and Health at work
- The Freight Transport Association
FTA is one of the largest trade associations in the UK representing the interests of some 12,000 companies in the transport industry.
- The Garage Equipment Association
Garage Equipment Association (Ltd) represents equipment suppliers and installers and also operates a lift installation engineer accreditation scheme.
- Health and Safety Laboratory
- The Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors
IAEA represents engineering assessors who are either self-employed or work for the insurance companies.
- The Independent National Inspection and Testing Association
The Independent National Inspection and Testing Association assists those companies engaged in the business of carrying out statutory examination and testing activities.
- The National Tyre Distributors Association
The National Tyre Distributors Association champions and promotes the interests of the fast fit tyre retailer.
- The Retail Motor Industry Federation
Retail Motor Industry Federation collectively represents a number of motor industry organisations (eg petrol retailers, bodyshops).
- The Safety Assessment Federation
SAFed represents the UK independent engineering inspection and certification industry.
- The Society of Operations Engineers
SOE incorporates the Institute of Road Transport Engineers (IRTE) and other engineering related professional bodies.
- The Motor Insurance Repair Research Centre
The Motor Insurance Repair Research Centre is based at Thatcham. One of it's aims is to improve safety through it's research into improving the ease of repair following an accident.
- The Institute of Vehicle Recovery
IVR is a professional body for persons employed in roadside recovery.
- Unite the Union
UNITE represents employees in the MVR industry.
- The Vehicle Builders and Repairers Association.
The Vehicle Builders Repairers Association is a trade association for vehicle body building, commercial and car body and SMART repair industries.