The process integrity topic includes:
- hazard identification, HAZOP, HAZAN
- process parameters for suitable material selection
- establishing safe operating limits
- plant layout, and hazardous area classification
- plant protection systems
- pressure relief and blowdown
- safe disposal systems
- information, instructions and training
- plant operations
- process isolation standards
- safe systems of work
Hydrocarbon releases (HCRs) offshore (Offshore Information Sheet 2/2009) [PDF 39KB]
This sheet provides information regarding some observed trends in the underlying causes of HCRs, and indicates HSE’s expectations of the offshore oil and gas industry in addressing these trends.
Changes from dry gas to wet gas operation
This document has been produced for the guidance of HSE inspectors and highlights health and safety issues to consider when they are assessing installations that have, or plan to change from, dry gas to wet gas operations.