Marine and aviation
- The backloading and carriage of hazardous oil contaminated bulk cargo on offshore supply vessels (Safety Bulletin OSD 3 – 2010)
This Notice is concerned with the back-loading and carriage of hazardous 'oil contaminated cargo', otherwise known as 'slops' or 'wet bulk waste', on offshore supply vessels.
- Management of collision risk - radio communication between offshore installations, their standby vessels and merchant ships
(Operations Notice 61) Advice on managing collision risk following several incidents where installations, or their attendant standby vessels, have been unable to establish radio communication with a vessel on a collision course with the installation.
- Guidance on the mixing of icing inhibitors to helicopter fuel offshore
(Operations Notice 76) Guidance for dutyholders operating installations served by helicopters requiring icing inhibitors (FSII) to be mixed with their fuel load when the outside air temperature (OAT) falls below a specified level.
- CAP 437 6th Edition: Offshore helicopter landing areas
Guidance on standards (Operations Notice 78) Advises dutyholders that the 6th Edition of CAP437 has been published and is on the CAA website. It includes a table that summarises the main changes between the 5th and 6th editions, and how CAA would expect to see these changes administered for new build installations and to existing installations and vessels, including refurbishments.
- How offshore helicopter travel is regulated
(INDG219) Describes the arrangements for ensuring the safety of offshore helicopter operations and how they are regulated.
- Offshore helidecks - testing of helideck foam production systems
(Offshore Information Sheet 6/2011) Reminds dutyholders of the need to ensure the annual testing of the quality of offshore helideck firefighting foam concentrates and mixing/induction systems are fit for purpose.
- Offshore helideck design considerations
(Offshore Information Sheet 5/2011) Reminds duty holders of the need to assess environmental effects including turbulence, thermal effects and wave motion effects in the vicinity of helidecks on offshore fixed and floating installations