The Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 2005 (SCR05) and the Offshore Installations (Offshore Safety Directive) (Safety Case etc) Regulations 2015 aim to reduce the risks from major accident hazards to the health and safety of the workforce employed on offshore installations, and in connected activities.
This site helps dutyholders to comply with the legal requirements, and shows HSE's procedures for handling safety cases and other submissions.
- Material change to a safety case (Offshore Information Sheet 3/2011)
This sheet provides guidance on what constitutes a material change revision to a safety case.
- Guidance on risk assessment for offshore installations
(Offshore Information Sheet 3/2006) Guidance for asset managers, safety managers and safety engineers in the offshore industry on suitable and sufficient risk assessment, particularly in the context of the Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 2005
- Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 2005 Regulation 13 thorough review of a safety case
(Offshore Information Sheet 4/2006) Summarises the requirements of regulation 13; explains HSE's views on the extent of a thorough review; and explains how HSE will consider and use the review.
- Verification during decommissioning and dismantling (Offshore Information Sheet 2/2008)
Guidance on revising the written scheme of verification where the boundaries, scope or requirements for safety critical elements (SCE's) or specified plant (SP) change as a result of decommissioning and/or dismantling projects to ensure these measures are (or will be) suitable at all times.
- Assessment Principles for Offshore Safety Cases (APOSC)
In reaching a decision about acceptability of a safety case, HSE assesses the content, the APOSC principles that guide that assessment.
- Guidance for the topic assessment of the major accident hazard aspects of safety cases (GASCET)
GASCET has now been withdrawn, the content of the document is being reviewed and any information that continues to be relevant is being incorporated into individual Safety Case Topic Assessment Guides (TAGs) that are currently being drafted.
- Guidance on management of ageing and thorough reviews of ageing installations (Offshore information sheet 4/2009)
Guidance for asset managers, safety managers and safety engineers in the offshore industry on taking account of ageing of the installation during thorough review, which is required by the Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 2005.
- Offshore Installations Safety Case) Regulations 2005 (SCR05) - Timescale for thorough review
(Operations Notice 75) Guidance on the timescales required for carrying out periodic safety case thorough reviews.
- Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 2005 - HSE's involvement in the design and construction process (including processing of design notifications)
(Offshore Information Sheet 11/2007) A framework for HSE's involvement in the processes associated with the design and construction of an offshore installation.
- Procedures for safety cases assessment and processing of other notifications
Procedures for processing submissions made under the Offshore Installation (Safety Case) regulations 2005 (SCR05), and the Offshore Installations (Offshore Safety Directive) (Safety Case etc) Regulations 2015.