The maritime integrity topic applies to all floating installations, including jack-up drilling units. The maritime hazards are:
- loss of stability, arising from collision or uncontrolled flooding
- loss of position, arising from some failure within the mooring system or dynamic positioning (DP) system.
Present topic areas of attention include:
- assurance of the integrity of mooring systems for production installations
- management of offloading operations to shuttle tanker, including inert gas and hydrocarbon blanket gas systems
- suitable inspection and repair programs to ensure continued watertight integrity
- arrangements to ensure the provision of competent, experienced personnel, both offshore and onshore
- supervision and control of DP operations of the installation, and of vessels in close attendance, including gangway management
- control and management of work activities inside ballast and cargo tanks.