This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.
Beta This is a new way of showing guidance - your feedback will help us improve it.
1. This section outlines:
2. As an investigating inspector, it will assist you in preparing and submitting a case for approval. It will also inform you of:
3. The section should be read in conjunction with other relevant sections of the Enforcement Guide, in particular the sections in the Investigation stage, and guidance and procedures from your Directorate.
4. In particular it is important for investigating inspectors and approval officers to remember that they can call on assistance from others within HSE, for example technical specialists, legal advisers and press officers, when they consider cases for prosecution.
5. It is also important to ensure that, in line with OC 168/14, cases that are likely to attract wide public interest or are otherwise sensitive are notified to senior management .
6. Inspectors should also refer to the Code for Crown Prosecutors (see the CPS website), the Enforcement Policy Statement and the Enforcement Management Model
Is this page useful?