Recognising classification from a non-Contracting Party to ADR

HSE will normally assign a classification by recognising the Competent Authority Document (CAD) issued by the Competent Authority of a country that is not a Contracting Party to ADR.

The documents submitted should be specific to the items classified and the allowed method of packing. Documents should originate from the authority responsible for the classification of explosives in the relevant country. Where the CAD is not in English, an English translation should be provided.

Where a CAD document is not available, the importer will need to apply for classification through another route.

Is this page useful?

Updated 2021-05-06