Explosives health and safety


Explosives must be classified before they are transported. Classification involves an assessment to determine the hazards posed by the explosives as packaged for transport. In Great Britain, the Competent Authorities for assigning explosives classifications are HSE and the Ministry of Defence (MOD).

More on classification


Information on HSE's firework guidance.

More on fireworks

Discarding and disposal

Explosives, and explosive contaminated items, must be discarded and disposed of safely.

More on disposal

19.01.22 13:59