Interim Residents Panel
As part of the planned building safety reforms, HSE will be the new Building Safety Regulator (BSR) in England. Under the Bill, which is currently going through Parliament, BSR must set up a Residents' Panel. This will give residents an ongoing voice to help shape the work of BSR in England.
Meanwhile, we've set up an Interim Residents' Panel that will help us:
- prepare for the new regulatory framework
- set up the Residents' Panel
The interim panel is a small group of about 15 people. It's made up of a mix of residents and representatives from organisations. We've made sure that members represent people with different experiences.
It’s important for residents to have their say in the development of BSR. How we operate will be shaped by their feedback. And the Interim Panel will provide HSE with valuable insight into the views and thinking of residents.
If you subscribe to the BSR newsletter you can stay up to date with the activities of the Interim Panel.
What the Interim Panel will do
Members of the Interim Panel will provide advice on a lot of important and complex projects. These will include:
- helping to design the future Residents' Panel and how it will operate
- helping us to set future policies - such as:
- guidance on residents' rights and duties
- how dutyholders should provide information to residents
- complaints procedures
- helping BSR to understand how to communicate with residents of high-rise buildings:
- through guidance, our website and campaign materials
- assessing how well we're communicating
- informing BSR processes and procedures
- helping to meet HSE's interests and priorities
Members of the panel will not:
- handle or investigate individual resident complaints
- advise on matters that sit outside BSR's area of responsibility
We may invite the panel to take part in wider working groups across government.
Subscribe to the free BSR eBulletin
Visit GOV.UK for more information about building safety reforms: