The Building Safety Act requires that we set up a Statutory Residents' Panel (the panel) to ensure residents are placed at the heart of the new regulatory regime.
We are seeking applications from current residents of high-rise buildings (HRBs) who would like to be considered for a position on the panel.
The panel will be a small group of about 20 people who are a broad mix of HRB residents from different locations and housing types, including social housing, private rent, and leasehold owners. As well as a mix of residents, it will be supported by representatives from relevant organisations.
Role of panel members
Panel members acting on behalf of residents will:
- give BSR advice on aspects of its operation based on real-life experience
- provide input on guidance relating to residents, plus other BSR documents and procedures
- assist BSR with developing its annual statement on resident engagement
- be empowered to set up workgroups to undertake in-depth projects
- provide input on BSR resident research
- help to test BSR communications material
Members of the panel will not:
- handle or investigate individual resident complaints
- advise on matters that sit outside BSR's area of responsibility
Panel members may be invited to take part in wider working groups across government.
Subscribe to the free BSR eBulletin
Visit GOV.UK for more information about building safety reforms: