This page provides links to sources of information and guidance on health and safety in the paper industry.
The following publications, leaflets and Information Sheets are available from HSE Books or by telephone from HSE Books on +44 (0)333 202 5070.
Paper and tissue manufacturing
- Making paper safely
- The guide to safe use of power-operated paper-cutting guillotines - ISBN 9780717617074
- Web07 Rewinding Paper Safely: Safe Use of Reeling and Slitting Machines
- Web08 Paper Mills: Guidance on fire risk
- Safety requirements for using hand-fed platen (die-cutting) machines - Printing information sheet 18
- A practical guide for the control of Legionella and other bioaerosols in paper mill water systems
- Paper & Board Industry Advisory Committee (PABIAC)
A tripartite committee aiming to work with industry to improve standards within the paper, board and recovered paper industries.
To view minutes from meetings, please see:
Sector Information Minutes
Publically available HSE Sector Information Minutes covering all manufacturing industries, including paper and board industries are available on the HSE website.