F10 - Notification of construction project
You can notify the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) of a notifiable construction project using online form F10.
You must know the contact details for the client, principal designer and principal contractor.
Once you have submitted a notification, we will send you a unique serial number which you can use to access or edit your notification.
Who must notify HSE
If the client is a:
- commercial client, then they must notify HSE
- domestic client – notification must be carried out by the:
- contractor (or principal contractor if there is more than one contractor)
- principal designer where there is a written agreement that they will carry out the client's duties
Notify by post
If you cannot use the online form, notify HSE in writing.
Make sure you include all required information and send to:
F10 Scanning Centre
Health and Safety Executive
c/o Central Despatch
Online form technical help
Completing the form where there's only one contractor
For a notifiable project that involves only one contractor, the client does not need to appoint a principal designer or principal contractor. When completing the form:
- input the name of the sole contractor as the principal designer and as the principal contractor
- use the free text box to enter details of the project, explaining that it's a single contractor project
No email acknowledgement received
You may not have received an email acknowledgement because:
- it's been classed as junk or spam by your email service provider – check your junk folder
- you made a typing error when you entered the email address - we can help you retrieve the details of the notification; email: [email protected]
Saving or printing the form
You can only save the form once you have completed the required fields and made the declaration.
Use the 'PDF' button on the confirmation screen to download a PDF copy of the form. You can then open, save or print the PDF. You can also do this at any time by retrieving the F10 PDF.
If you have any difficulty opening, saving or printing the PDF please visit the Adobe website for troubleshooting tips or to download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.
If your browser settings do not allow you to print the PDF, refer to guidance for your browser or contact your IT support department for help.
Updating a notification
You can edit a notification created:
- prior to 15 November 2019, using the serial number and the client email address provided on the form
- on or after 15 November 2019, using the serial number and the email address provided on the form, or the client email address