This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

Complaining about HSE

If you have contacted us and are unhappy with the way we have dealt with you, we want to know. We want to put things right, and we always welcome suggestions to help us improve our performance.

How to complain

If you cannot sort out the problem with the person you have been dealing with, ask them for the name of their manager (letters from us will also give this information). You can then ask to speak, or if you prefer write to them. They will certainly investigate your complaint and tell you what they are going to do about it. Most complaints are settled in this way, very often immediately, If this is not the case, we always aim to respond within ten working days.

If you are still not satisfied, you can write to the Chief Executive of HSE:

Richard Judge
Health and Safety Executive
Redgrave Court
Merton Road
L20 7HS

who will see that your complaint is followed up promptly and fairly.

You can also write to your MP to take up your case with us or with Ministers. Your MP may also ask the Office of the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to review your complaint.

Updated 2016-07-27