This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

Social media

Javascript is required to use HSE website social media functionality.

Ways to contact HSE

There are numerous ways to contact HSE depending upon your requirements:

Report an incident

All incidents can be reported online but a telephone service remains for reporting fatal and major injuries only - call the Incident Contact Centre on 0845 300 9923 (opening hours Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5 pm).

Do I need to contact HSE out of hours?

The type of circumstances where HSE may need to respond out of hours are:

  • following a work-related death;
  • following a serious incident where there have been multiple casualties;
  • following an incident which has caused major disruption such as evacuation of people, closure of roads, large numbers of people going to hospital etc.

If your incident fits these descriptions ring the duty officer on 0151 922 9235.

Media relations contacts

HSE's press office is open from 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday to respond to enquiries from the media only. Please call 0151 951 5897.

An out of hours press office service operates at evenings and weekends . This is for urgent media queries only.

Raise a concern about workplace health and safety

Detailed guidance on raising a concern about workplace health and safety is available.

Health and safety information and guidance

Help and guidance on a wide range of health and safety topics and industries is available.

If you need help to find a health and safety consultant, OSHCR provide a register of approved consultants offering general advice to UK businesses to help them manage health and safety risks.

You can request technical advice or interpretation of guidance from HSE using the online advice form. If you are unable to use the online form, you can request advice by email or by telephoning our Advisory Team on 0300 003 1747 during office hours - 8.30 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday. However, please note HSE does not operate a telephone helpline for general health and safety information.

Make a complaint

Information on:

Make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request

The Freedom of Information Act (FOI) and Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) give you the right to request official information held by HSE. If you cannot find the information you require via our website, you can submit a written request for information to the appropriate HSE office. Your request should include your name, contact address (email or postal) and details of the information you require. To assist HSE, you should identify the information you require as clearly as possible.

Contact a specific individual in HSE

To contact a specific individual in HSE you can email or telephone our Advisory Team on 0300 003 1747 during office hours - 8.30 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday.

Updated: 2014-08-27