This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

Contact HSE

Our website contains a comprehensive range of health and safety information and guidance that provides facts on health and safety legislation and what businesses have to do. Start by looking under the relevant topic or industry section. 

HSE does not operate a telephone helpline for general health and safety information. If you need to engage the services of a health and safety consultant, you may wish to visit the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR).

Information and advice

Workplace problem

Information on how you can report your problem if you think health and safety law is being broken, or minimum standards are being ignored in the workplace.

Raise a problem - online form

RIDDOR reporting

Reporting serious workplace accidents, occupational diseases and dangerous occurrences in the workplace.

Ways to report an incident

Gas safety

Information gas consumers need to know in order to manage gas appliances and equipment safely, and what to do in an emergency.

Gas contacts & resources