GB-based downstream users of existing EU REACH authorisations

Notify HSE

If you are a GB-based downstream user of an existing EU REACH authorisation held by a UK or an EU/EEA company (the European Commission granted an authorisation decision before the end of the transition period), you can continue to rely on those authorisations if you notified HSE of their use within 60 days of the end of the transition period (submitted an Article 127H notification).

If you think you should have notified your existing downstream user status, but haven't, please contact [email protected]

Submission of monitoring information

You may be required to submit specific data to HSE as a condition of the authorisation.
Guidance regarding any monitoring information that you are required to submit, including a reporting template and the deadline for submission will be communicated to you down your supply chain (from your supplier or distributor). If you need help with submitting monitoring information email [email protected]

Changing your supplier

If you have notified HSE (submitted an Article 127H notification) but want to change your supplier, you must:


You cannot switch to a supplier who does not have a GB authorisation.

Is this page useful?

Updated 2022-05-24