What do slip and trip accidents cost?
Slipping and tripping at work can prove more costly than you think!
Cost to the individual - incalculable
- Loss of income
- Pain from injury
- Reduced quality of life
- Worry and stress
Cost to employers over £500m per year
Insured costs (injury, ill health, damage)
- Product, plant, equipment damage
- Production delays
- Overtime working, temporary labour and training
- Loss of expertise and experience
- Investigation time
- Clerical effort
- Fines, effect of accidents and loss of image
Cost to society over £800m per year
- cost to health service £133 million per year
- Loss of potential output
- Social security
- Slips, trips & falls on the level accounted for 698,336 bed days in 2002/03 but accidents involving car occupants accounted for only 82,395 - Hospital Episode Statistics - England: financial year 2002-03
It's time to take it seriously
What happens next and eligibility for compensation?