Electrical Safety First's guide on safe isolation procedures
HSE and other organisations have produced guidance on electrical safety that is suitable for a wide range of industries and technical competencies. The information produced by HSE is either free for immediate download or available to order at low cost.
- Electricity at work: Safe working practices (HSG85)
- Memorandum of guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (HSR25)
- Controlling the risks in the workplace (INDG163)
- Electrical safety and you: A brief guide (INDG231)
- A short guide to managing asbestos in premises(INDG223)
- Colour vision examination - A guide for employers
- SELECT & HSE guide on safe isolation procedures
General electrical information
The Simple Precautions and Frequently asked Questions web pages will help you to select the best guidance on working with electricity. Most guidance is available electronically by subscribing to HSE Direct and HSE Books can also supply all current HSE guidance in paper form.
Many other organisations provide information about electrical matters.
Information on accident statistics is also available from a number of sources.