HSE and other organisations have produced guidance on electrical safety that is suitable for a wide range of industries and technical competencies. Most of the information produced by the HSE is available for immediate download.
- Controlling the risks in the workplace
- Electrical safety and you: A brief guide
- Electrical safety and you: A brief guide - Welsh
- Maintaining portable electric equipment in low-risk environments
- Maintaining portable and transportable electrical equipment.
- Do you use a steam/water pressure cleaner?
- Electrical switchgear and safety
- Maintenance priorities in catering
- Safety in electrical testing at work
- Safety in electrical testing: Products on production lines
- Safety in electrical testing: Switchgear and control gear
- An electrical testing: Servicing and repair of audio, TV and computer equipment
- Safety in electrical testing: Servicing and repair of domestic equipment
- Beryllium and You
- Electric Storage Batteries
- A short guide to managing asbestos in premises
- PCBs and you
- Electrical Safety Council: Selection and use of plug-in socket-outlet test devices
- Electrical Safety Council guide on safe isolation procedures for low voltage installations
- Keeping electrical switchgear safe
- Electrical test equipment for use by electricians
- EEMUA - A Design Guide for the Electrical Safety of Instruments, Instrument / Control Panels and Control Systems
- Memorandum of guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations
General electrical information
The Simple Precautions and Frequently asked Questions web pages will help you to select the best guidance on working with electricity.
Many other organisations provide information about electrical matters.
Information on accident statistics is also available from a number of sources.