HSE and other organisations have produced guidance on electrical safety that is suitable for a wide range of industries and technical competencies. Most of the information produced by the HSE is available for immediate download.
- Controlling health risks from rosin (colophony) based solder fluxes
- Solder fume and you
- Do you use a steam/water pressure cleaner?
- Electrical switchgear and safety
- Maintenance priorities in catering
- Cadmium and you
- Video: George McNaughton: What could be worse than losing your life?
- Beryllium and You
- Electric Storage Batteries
- A short guide to managing asbestos in premises
- Electrical Safety Council: Selection and use of plug-in socket-outlet test devices
- Electrical Safety Council: Guidance on the management of electrical safety and safe isolation procedures for low voltage installations
- Avoidance of danger from overhead electric power lines
- Electrical risks from steam/water pressure cleaners
- Electricity at work - safe working practices
- Keeping electrical switchgear safe
- Lighting at work
- Selection and use of electric handlamps
General electrical information
The Simple Precautions and Frequently asked questions web pages will help you to select the best guidance on working with electricity.
Many other organisations provide information about electrical matters.
Information on accident statistics is also available from a number of sources.