Contact HSE - Frequently asked questions
- Are turban-wearing Sikhs exempt from the need to wear head protection in the workplace?
- Advice on smoking at work
- Work at height regulations
- WC Facilities - How many toilets should a workplace have?
- Can a person be left alone at their workplace?
- Health & Safety law poster - What details do you need to put on the new Health & Safety law poster?
Need to report an accident or injury? Find out exactly what you need to report and how to go about it.
Temperature at work
What is the max/min workplace temperature?
How many first-aiders do I need?
What breaks am I entitled to under working time regulations?
Asbestos health risks
Asbestos is responsible for over 4000 deaths every year. Younger people, if routinely exposed to asbestos fibres over time, are at greater risk of developing asbestos-related disease than older workers.
When does CDM apply?
The CDM 2015 Regulations apply to most common building, civil engineering and engineering construction work.