Complaints and feedback about HSE
We are committed to providing the best service that we can. You can contact us about any aspect of the service you have received. Please let us know if you feel we have done a good job or if we have fallen short or our own high standards. Your feedback can help us improve.
This page is for feedback or making a complaint about us and not for:
How to send a compliment or suggestion
If you feel we have done a good job or have a suggestion of how we could improve our service please e-mail [email protected]
How to make a complaint
In the first instance, please contact the person or team that dealt with you and discuss your concerns directly with them. They will often be in the best position to understand your situation and to explain what happened. Most complaints are settled in this way.
If this doesn’t resolve your complaint, we have a two-stage formal complaints process.
- Stage 1: through the manager of the person involved
- Stage 2: through the Chief Executive, who will ensure it is followed up promptly and fairly
Stage 2 complaints should be sent to [email protected] or write to:
Health and Safety Executive
In each case we will:
- let you know that your complaint has been received and who is dealing with it. They may contact you for more information
- respond within 10 working days, or explain why it may take longer and when to expect a full response
- advise you on how to take your complaint to the next stage
If you would like to take it further
We aim to resolve your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied having completed our complaints process, you can ask the Office of the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to review your complaint via your Member of Parliament.
We are committed to dealing with all complaints fairly and impartially, and providing a high-quality service to those who make them. If you exhaust our complaints procedure and there are no substantial points being raised, we may write to you to advise that our contact will stop.