Confidential Reporting to OMAR

Since the UK left the EU, the Offshore Major Accident Regulator (OMAR) is now the UKs Offshore Competent Authority (previously known as the Offshore Safety Directive Regulator (OSDR). How HSE regulate the offshore industry stays the same. Our guidance will be updated to reflect this change.

OMAR has processes for handling confidential reporting of a concern.

Health and safety concerns should be reported to the HSE using the 'Workplace Health and Safety Concerns' webpage.

Environmental concerns should be reported to OPRED using the 'Oil and gas: environmental alerts and incident reporting including anonymous reporting' webpage.

Is this page useful?

Updated: 2024-02-09