5. What you should do if you are concerned about your health and safety

There should be safety guidance in your workplace (for example the health and safety law poster) providing advice on how to raise safety concerns. If you cannot find this or are unsure what to do then discuss this with your employer, manager or supervisor. You can also talk to your workplace safety representative, if there is one.

If you have raised safety concerns and believe your employer has failed to take appropriate action to protect you or other workers, you can either raise it with them again or contact HSE. You can speak to HSE confidentially and do not have to give your name.

Is this page useful?

Updated 2023-01-19