How to contact us
For general enquiries on health and safety in the logistics industry, you should check the information and guidance that is contained within the HSE logistics specific web pages.
There are other regulators and associations that also have safety interests in the logistics sector. See the list of useful links for more specific guidance and advice.
For local site-specific issues you can contact your local HSE Office and ask to speak to an inspector.
HSE's Operational Inspectors
HSE's Operational Inspectors deal with the logistics industry on a day to day basis. They do this by:
- Carrying out inspections
- Investigating accidents and complaints
- Providing advice at visits, by phone, or by letter
- Taking formal enforcement action where necessary
HSE's Transportation Sector
The Transportation Sector activities include:
- Providing support, advice and guidance at a national level to HSE operational inspectors
- Developing worksteams as part of HSE's strategy to reduce injuries and occupational ill health
- Monitoring the health and safety performance of the industry
- Working with the key stakeholders in the industry, trade associations and trade unions to improve health and safety
- Working with stakeholders to produce published and web-based guidance industry specific guidance
- Working with national and European bodies in the development of standards (egCEN standards).