Blood-borne viruses (BBV)
This website gives employees and employers detailed guidance on;
- how to comply with the law
- how to assess and ways to reduce the risks of workplace exposure to blood-borne viruses
- how to manage incidences of exposure
The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) provides independent scientific advice, about hazards and risks from exposure to pathogens, to HSE and ministers through the Department of Health, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, and their counterparts. The information on this website has been prepared by ACDP.
Further guidance can be found at GOV.UK.
Laws applicable to employers regarding work with blood-borne viruses.
- Eliminating risk
- Engineering controls at source
- Safe systems of work
- Personal protective equipment
You have a legal duty to take care of your own health and safety and that of others affected by your actions.
Incidents in the workplace
Free email updates
Sign-up below to receive news and updates on Blood-borne viruses.