Asbestos in the home

For details on asbestos in the home see the GOV.UK website or contact your local council who should be able to advise you. Please note that HSE is not responsible for the content of the GOV.UK website and would not actively encourage DIY removal of asbestos without advice. If you are confused about licensable and non-licensable work see the licensing section.

What if I have concerns regarding ongoing work with asbestos?

You can contact your local office.

If you have any concerns about the competence of a company to work with asbestos you should report it as above. You can also check if the company carrying out the work is licensed by HSE by looking at the list provided in the licensing section, although if you still have suspicions about the work you should report it. Further information can be found in the enforcement section.

Is this page useful?

Updated 2024-02-23