Respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
This website provides information and tools to help employers select and manage the use of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) in the workplace. There are many types of RPE designed to:
- protect the wearer from a variety of hazards;
- suit a variety of work situations;
- match the specific requirements of the wearer
The information is applicable to disposable and reusable masks, breathing apparatus and powered respirators.
Health and safety basics for your business
This site is for employers and those who want some basic information on what they must do to make sure their businesses comply with health and safety law.
Fit testing ensures that you don't select ill-fitting RPE that won't protect your workers.
Information on what RPE to use for a range of workplace tasks.
- Respiratory protective equipment at work
A practical guide
- Employee toolbox talk
Your mask can protect you - stay healthy
- INDG479 - Guidance on respiratory protective equipment (RPE) fit testing