Illustrated case studies
HSE has put together some 'before-and-after' examples to help you think and talk about vehicle safety in your workplace and in other workplaces you visit. They are all based on events that our inspectors have reported.
The safe examples show how working areas can be improved with better:
- road surfaces
- staff training
- traffic management
However, the improvements we suggest are not the only, ideal or complete solutions for these examples. There is no such thing as a perfectly safe site.
Choose these for quick and simple.
- Narrow street
- Loading bay
- Newspaper depot
- Untidy crossing
- Poor paving
- School entrance
- Construction site
- Waste station
- Farm campsite
- Wrong way
- Difficult reversing
- Dangerous unloading
Simple, quick, accessible and easy to use format, but it only contains still photographs of the incidents.
Choose these for greater interactivity.
- Narrow street - flash version
- Loading bay - flash version
- Newspaper depot - flash version
- Untidy crossing - flash version
- Poor paving - flash version
- School entrance - flash version
- Construction site - flash version
- Waste station - flash version
- Farm campsite - flash version
- Wrong way - flash version
- Difficult reversing - flash version
- Dangerous unloading - flash version
Contains panoramic views, allowing you to drag the viewer through 360° and select different viewing points.
*Requires Flash reader.