Health and safety for gig economy, agency and temporary workers

4. Accident reporting

The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) cover accident reporting.

If there is a RIDDOR reportable incident in the workplace involving a gig, agency or temporary worker, the duty to report it is on the person in control of the premises where the incident occurs. This is usually the end user business.

For more information, visit RIDDOR - who should report?

Non-English speakers

For workers who do not speak or understand English well or at all, our Migrant worker website provides advice and guidance and can be translated into other languages.

Updated 2022-03-22