About this website
Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) caused by exposure to vibration at work is preventable, but once the damage is done it is permanent. Each year, approximately 3,000 new claims for Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit are made in relation to vibration white finger and vibration-related carpal tunnel syndrome.
This website is for employers, workers and their advisers. It tells you what you need to do to reduce and control the risks from vibration at work.
The website tells you about:
- Simple checks to see if you are at risk and tools to estimate exposure
- New Regulations in force from 6 July 2005
- What employers have to do to protect their employees
- Cost-effective solutions that you may easily adapt for your workplace
- Key messages
- This website does not deal with vibration from non-work activities.
If you are worried about any related risks to health from noise, visit our noise website.