Getting started with health and safety in the textiles industry
This page will help you manage health and safety in your textile business.
New to health and safety?
HSE wants everyone at work to be healthy and safe, bringing money and other benefits to their business.
Health and safety is relevant to all businesses. So, if you are an employer – or are self-employed – you are responsible for the health, safety and welfare of your workers and any others who may be affected by what you do. This includes employees, casual or part-time workers, trainees, customers, neighbours, salespeople and members of the public.
What you should know
Health and safety doesn't have to be costly, time-consuming or complicated. The information on HSE's Health and safety made simple web pages will help you comply with the law and manage health and safety in your business:
- Managing the risks in your business
- Deciding who can help with your duties
- Providing the right workplace facilities
- Consulting your employees
- Providing training and information
- Getting insurance for your business
- Displaying the health and safety law poster
- Writing a health and safety policy for your business
For some of the work activities in the textile industry there may be extra things you need to do to make sure you are complying with the law. Take a look at the information on the following links: