Noise at work: A brief guide to controlling the risks
- Date of publication:
- Series code:
Loud noise at work can damage your hearing. This leaflet is to help you to understand what you need to do under the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 (the Noise Regulations) and how you can protect your employees from noise.
It will also be useful to employees and safety representatives.
It tells you about:
- The harm that noise can cause
- what you have to do under the Noise Regulations
- how to assess and control noise at work
- personal hearing protection
- consulting with your workers
- health surveillance
The leaflet has been simplified and streamlined to provide clear information that will enable employers to make sensible and proportionate decisions about managing risks arising from noise. The underlying message has not changed.