Are you involved in a diving project at work?
A brief guide to complying with health and safety law
- Date of publication:
- Series code:
- Download a free copy - INDG266
This leaflet is aimed at anyone who is involved in a diving project, for example:
- clients who place contracts for diving projects
- contractors, divers and supervisors undertaking diving projects
- other people, such as vessel operators, whose actions and activities could affect the safety of the dive team.
It provides a simplified overview of a number of the main legal responsibilities that apply to these groups of people. However, specific detailed information and guidance on planning and undertaking a diving project is to be found in the Diving at Work Regulations 1997 and the five diving Approved Codes of Practice.
- Commercial diving projects offshore. Diving at Work Regulations 1997
- Commercial diving projects inland/inshore. Diving at Work Regulations 1997
- Recreational diving projects. Diving at Work Regulations 1997
- Media diving projects. Diving at Work Regulations 1997
- Scientific and Archaeological Diving Projects