Victims of workplace accidents or cases of ill health
This leaflet provides information about what happens when HSE carries out an investigation into a potential breach of health and safety legislation and what you can expect as a victim who has suffered harm.
- Applies to:
- England and Wales
- February 2024
- Series code:
Document - free copy
- Type and file size
- PDF, 52KB
HSE may investigate possible breaches of health and safety law. If you are the victim of a workplace injury or case of ill health, you may become involved in our investigation.
This simple leaflet explains:
- how the investigation will proceed after a workplace incident
- a victim’s personal statement
- what happens when you attend court
- a victim’s right to review
- how to make a complaint about HSE
- support available from other organisations
There is more detailed information for bereaved families.