Make a request
You are advised to consider the following;
Is the information already available – e.g. from HSE’s website or another public platform:
- Is HSE likely to hold the information – if in doubt, consult HSE’s Business Classification Scheme
- Is it relating to a health and safety concern in the workplace – if so, please see Reporting a health and safety issue
- Is it a request for advice on health and safety in the workplace – if so, please see Getting help with health and safety
Submitting your request
In some instances (e.g. EIR and DPA) you can make your request verbally. However, you are strongly advised to submit your request in writing to ensure it is processed accurately and in a timely manner.
Email: [email protected]
The Central Disclosure Team
5N3 Redgrave Court
Help us process your request
To help us process your request quickly and efficiently, please include:
Your full name and address (this can be a postal or email address)
- A clear, legible and specific description of the information you are seeking
- State how you would like to receive your response – e.g. email, paper copy, large print etc
- If you are asking for your personal information about you, we will require proof of identity e.g. a copy of a utility bill etc
- In the case of civil claims, a sealed statement of claim and a draft / sealed court order
- Where someone is acting on your behalf, an authorisation from you to this effect, as well as the above
If we do not understand your request, we will look to seek clarification from you. This may pause the clock on any statutory deadlines that may apply to your request until clarification is received.
If you are not happy with our response
If you are unhappy with the decision made by HSE, you may ask for an internal review or make a complaint to the Information Commissioners.