Work with others to ensure crowd safety
You should liaise with external bodies or organisations, like the local authority, emergency services and the police, who could be involved in crowd management at an event.
Make sure there are effective liaison arrangements in place on health and safety matters and for sharing safety-related information. To facilitate this, some events establish planning groups.
You should also determine whether there is a safety advisory group (SAG) or a similar arrangement in the relevant area and, if appropriate, submit their event proposal for discussion and advice.
Other people you may need to liaise with
- The owner of the venue where you are proposing to hold your event
- Transport operators and/or management of nearby transport hubs
- Management of adjoining or adjacent public venues
- Others providing services for the event (eg security, stewarding, first-aid and welfare organisations, safety officers, merchandising, construction and technical staff)
- Local residents or their representatives, particularly if you are organising an event such as a carnival parade that goes through their residential area