Carriage of Dangerous Goods - Resources
Carriage of Dangerous Goods Manual
The Carriage of Dangerous Goods manual is not intended to make enforcement officers experts, but to guide them through the process and enable them to make informed judgements about the extent of compliance. It will also guide officers when discussing compliance with duty holders and deciding when to take further action.
Guidance on the carriage of dangerous goods
The Department for Transport has published a range of specialist guidance on transporting dangerous goods.
A simple overview of how to ship, package and label dangerous goods is available on GOV.UK.
The following guidance supports the regulations for the carriage of dangerous goods:
- Security requirements for moving dangerous goods by road and rail, guidance published on 18 October 2012
- Driving dangerous goods and special loads, detailed guide published on 21 October 2013 -
- Moving dangerous goods, detailed guide published on 4 September 2012 -
- Carriage of dangerous goods other than Class 7: guidelines published on 30 July 2015 - guidance
- Dangerous goods: ADR instructions in writing and UK tunnel codes published on 1 January 2010 - guidance
Class 7 Radioactive Material, guidance on the carriage of radioactive material (Class 7) has been published by ONR. The guidance is aimed at consignors and carriers of Class 7 dangerous goods who wish to transport such goods into and within Great Britain by road and rail. It is provided to assist consignors and carriers of Class 7 dangerous goods to understand and meet their responsibilities to comply with CDG within GB.