Withdrawn petroleum legislation
- Petroleum (Consolidation) Act 1928
- The Petroleum Spirit (Motor Vehicles, etc) Regulations 1929
- The Petroleum (Mixtures) Order 1929
- Petroleum (Transfer of Licenses) Act 1936
- The Petroleum (Liquid Methane) Order 1957
- The Petroleum (Regulation) Acts 1928 and 1936 (Repeals and Modifications) Regulations 1974
- The Petroleum (Consolidation) Act 1928 (Enforcement) Regulations 1979
- The Petroleum Spirit (Plastic Containers) Regulations 1982
- COP6 – Petroleum-Spirit (Plastic Containers) Regulations 1982. Requirements for testing and marking or labelling.
New guidance on portable petrol storage containers is available giving practical advice on the design, construction, materials and marking or labelling of containers as required by the regulations.
Withdrawn Approved Document
- L93 – Approved tank requirements. The provisions for bottom loading and vapour recovery systems of mobile containers carrying petrol.
The withdrawal of this document is supported by the Department for Transport (DfT) and the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). The current requirements are covered by more relevant legislation as follows: